What We Do
The Alameda County Foster Youth Alliance leads its member agencies in a collaborative effort to assure the well being and empowerment of foster and probation youth through strategic advocacy to develop resources, provide for continuous improvement of programs, and maintain accountability in publicly funded service systems. To this end, FYA:
- Centralizes and leads local and state advocacy efforts on behalf of foster and probation youth in Alameda County.
- Provides regular opportunities for member agencies to participate in facilitated meetings with county decision makers.
- Represents member agencies and constituents at local, regional, and statewide forums.
- Aggregates information on foster care policy issues and program innovations, and publicizes the work of member agencies.
- Supports program and systems improvement through grant-funded research and planning projects.
- Hosts trainings, panels, conferences, and other opportunities for professional development.
- Provides regular opportunities for information exchange and services coordination.